VIDEO: Obama repeats thoroughly disproven lie that IRS scandal was merely “an office in Cincinnati”
Last night, President Obama appeared on MSNBC to undoubtedly give Chris Matthews innumerable thrills up his leg. During the interview, Obama, without being prompted, brought up the IRS targeting scandal, and summarily dismissed it as the actions of “an office in Cincinnati.”
Here’s the video:
Let’s remind President Obama again the facts of this scandal.
- The IRS officials in Cincinnati testified before Congress that they were “following orders” from Washington DC
- The IRS’s targeting of Tea Party groups was overseen by William Wilkins, who was directly appointed to the IRS by President Obama himself.
- Wilkins visited the White House 15 times during the period where Tea Party groups were being singled out and targeted
- IRS employees testified before Congress that they were under pressure from President Obama to target Tea Party groups
- IRS director over exempt organizations Lois Lerner admitted being pressured to target 501(c)(4) groups after the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Citizens United
- Louis Lerner illegally used private emails to avoid record keeping requirements and cover her tracks during the targeting scandal
- Emails reveal that the IRS illegally colluded with the Federal Election Commission to target conservative groups
- The IRS chief of Obamacare implementation illegally shared the private tax information of conservative groups with officials at the White House
- The US Treasury readily admitted illegally targeting political candidates and donors for additional scrutiny
- IRS Chief Danny Werfel admitted that 100% of Tea Party applications were stalled while 100% of progressive group applications were approved
- IRS officials admitted that targeting of conservative groups was “widespread” and went on longer than they first conceded
- As recently as August, IRS officials testified before Congress that their organization was still targeting conservative groups
I could go on and on here, but I think you get the picture. President Obama once again repeated a bald-faced lie. The IRS scandal started at the very top with officials directly appointed by President Obama himself.